Monday 11 July 2016

First day back

Another big first day back from holidays. All the kids were back on time....wide eyed and bushy tailed and ready for term 3. They all look taller and refreshed!
We will have a bit of a reorganisation of the room this term starting tomorrow....we certainly won't be going outside because we are suppose to have a couple of snow days! I will reorganise things so they have a bit more room on their desks and can set up lap tops and experiments/ projects where they sit.
My grade 3 girl finished work on Arthur today and will start a unit on 'anime' which will fit in with LOTE. She will be watching Gigantor ( classic 1960s anime now available on DVD. I will post a mini unit of it on TPT on the weekend) and complete tasks for it over the next couple of weeks. I will be also reading the BFG as a serial for her and we'll go to see the movie next week. 
My grade 6 kids are finishing off Moonfleet and I will start reading Jane Eyre tomorrow.
Below are photos of my grade 2 girl starting on her new story about zebra with Alsion and my grade 6 kids starting their 'ship in a bottle' models.


Dismantling the ice skating rink in Ballarat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment