Wednesday 18 January 2017

A Series of Unfortunate Events

The popular children’s series, A Series of Unfortunate Events, that debuted in 1999 has got its own 8-episode show with Netflix. I'm starting to binge watch it now. The books follow Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire after the tragic death of their parents as they attempt to navigate their way around some truly terrible situations. Neil Patrick Harris rather than Jim Carey stars as Count Olaf. Two episodes in, it looks right and sounds right, although I think they have given some of the plot away, Harris is ok and the child actors are very good. I'll wait till I see the whole season. ( there must be more seasons to come as there were 12 books in total I think?) 

I have a unit plan for it ( free too) on TPT called Classic Children's Gothic stories which also features Edgar and Ellen and The Spiderwick Chronicles. My unit plan focuses on the first 3 books in the series like the movie. It has been downloaded over 300 times.
TPT Link below:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Childrens-Gothic-Literature-414140


No comments:

Post a Comment