Friday 1 November 2013

Bird lovers Update

Yes, it's time to update you on bird life around Glen Park Primary School! I popped up this morning ( A lovely sunny spring Saturday. refer photo ) to prepare for a student teacher who is starting for a month on Monday and to prepare and organise resources for a 'twist' in our current theme from classic science fiction to more modern science fiction stories. ( refer to a previous post) I also want to experiment with a few ideas I picked up at the PD I did yesterday.
We seem to have adopted a pair of ducks and their baby. I disturbed them and they waddled off. ( refer photo) There are quite a few water birds around the school and the paddocks next door. I also encountered a young magpie and his feisty parent.( the chick was trying to perch on a tree stump and his mum was yelling at him) there are a lot of magpies around at the moment. They get quite territorial this time of the year and I'll have to be careful walking across the road to get the mail.





No comments:

Post a Comment