Friday 27 September 2013

Storybook Saturday - 28th Sep

Two iPad app books for Story Book Saturday


There is a Storybook Linkup on Paula's Place here is my book for this week
 
Firstly let me introduce to you 'Collins Big Cat' story books by Harper Collins. These iPad app books are interactive books and a story creator all in one.
As well as reading or having read to you quality children's books (There are currently 8 in the series with more coming) but you can write or record your own narration and sound effects for the story. There are animation surprises, a quiz and you can create your own book.


Also I'd like to recommend Oxford Bookworm Classics. Although quite expensive ($9.49) the range and difficulty level of texts is impressive and always increasing.
I have downloaded The Railway Children, The Wizard of Oz and Dracula and students I teach, enjoyed reading them and I will be downloading more for a theme I'm doing on Classic Science Fiction Literature. (Some can also be found in Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment