I hope you have enjoyed your holiday break and are feeling rested and ready for 2016.
I am making contact with you to keep you up to date with what is going on at regional level and to let you know that I will be your Senior Leader (Senior Education Improvement Leader) for 2016.
A few points to note:
- Glen Park Primary School is located in the Central Highlands Local Area.
- There are 17 Local Areas in our Region, each led by an Education Area Executive Director.
- Our Area will be led by, Peter Devereux. Peter is commencing with us on January 28, 2016.
- In addition to the SEILs, new Education Improvement Leaders (assistant SEILs), will be advertised and appointed in the coming months.
- Areas will have multi-disciplinary teams made up of those leaders mentioned above in addition to staff who will provide expert advice and support in relation to health, wellbeing and engagement, disability coordination, visiting teachers and nurses, 0-18 transitions, youth programs, Koorie education, languages and EAL, and provision planning.
- Areas formally come into effect on 1 March 2016.
Other Senior Leaders in the Central Highlands team are Karen Howden-Clarnette, Jenny Malberg and Tony Simpson(Tony has schools in Central Highlands & Melton/Brimbank).
We have agreed to work closely together to ensure we offer you all of the expertise you may require.
I will keep you updated on a regular basis and encourage you to make contact with me should you require clarification, or any assistance at all.
A phone call or email is fine.
I am looking forward to working with you and our Central Highlands schools in 2016.