Friday 9 May 2014

Heritage Weekend 10th-11th May

I got to work early on this cold drizzly Saturday and prepared our learning tasks for the next week. We have lots of fun ( I hope) things to do this week to finish off Moby Dick and Stuart Little. My students doing fables will finish up this week. There are hundreds more we could do but I think we've covered the most well known ones.
This weekend is 'Heritage Weekend' in Ballarat. ( A time when tourists drive very slowly, often the wrong way down one way streets and it is hard too get a a table for lunch in your favourite cafe.That is a cynical view of course) Tourists flock to Ballarat to reminisce or do some amateur family history.          

(There are lots of historical displays around town) 
Below are few photos I took on my way home this afternoon.
Vintage cars on display outside the Town Hall


Interiors of the Town Hall.


The Town Hall is history buff Central


They don't paint portraits like this anymore!



Ballarat's Olympic Flag ( Olympic rowing was held on Lake Wendouree during the 1956 Games)

Double-decker and vintage buses in town for the weekend to take people on trips.


No comments:

Post a Comment