Thursday 10 April 2014

ANZAC DAY UNIT

Find a LINK here to my ANZAC DAY unit. On TPT for a modest $1.00. Conservatives have been ranting lately ( and I'm sure this happens in the US and other countries too) that not enough effort in our public schools is put into teaching our military history. 
Schools allegedly not teaching students about ANZAC Day was given as a lame excuse for reviewing our new curriculum ( Through a more conservative perspective) 
I've been teaching now for nearly 30 years and I have always taught students about ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day and I recall my colleagues, when I taught in big schools all doing the same. My daughter's High School ( Ballarat High) go all out with their tributes to our fallen diggers. 
Some years I don't focus on Gallipoli but on other conflicts ( in the past I've studied The Korean War, Boer War, the Japanese attack on Darwin- I'll try and find that and put it on TPT and Australian peacekeepers) 
This year we have 3 school days between Easter and ANZAC Day and I'll be using this unit with my grade 4-6 students then. I'll also modify it and add to it as I go along and post an update when it is finished. 



No comments:

Post a Comment