Thursday 10 April 2014

Kirk's Reservoir

Today I went for a scouting trip around Kirk's Reservoir and the Gong Gong Reservoir. Years ago I took kids for a hike from school to Kirks ( as it is referred to locally) and we had a wander around and a BBQ. I thought it might be a good idea to do that again. The walking track we used seems to be fenced off now. With the Preps in tow I wouldn't walk anyway. Maybe we can bus it down next month for lunch and an explore. Kirks looked lovely and green today. (quite damp with the rain) I forgot how lovely it is. Kirk's has been providing drinking water to Ballarat for over 150 years. Gong Gong Reservoir, only across the road from Kirks looks  impressive after heavy rain. I've added photos I took this morning to the below.









No comments:

Post a Comment