Sunday 28 June 2015

Email received from an ex-student's family member

I have just discovered the website for your school and got so excited when I realized  that the 1936 class photo you have online appears to be identical to a very bad photocopy given to me many years ago by one of my Aunts.  I have been told that the little girl standing in the back row, on the left, in the dark jumper with the stripes, is my mother Ivy Jean Cartledge. Her sister Annetta June is the little girl kneeling in front of her. Having misplaced the letter that my Aunt sent me, I cannot be certain, but think there may also be one of her brothers in the photo as well. My grandparents lived in Glen Park until the late 1940’s in a quaint little cottage on a corner block, that I am told, still stands today. My Aunt told me how my Nan used to walk into Ballarat once a week to do the shopping, and then she’d walk back home again carrying it all!  I am fairly certain that at least 9 of their 11 children attended the school between the years of around 1927/28 and the late 1940’s when the family then moved into Ballarat.
 
I know it is really cheeky of me, but, is there any chance that I could obtain a larger copy of the image you have online? 
 
Warmest wishes,
Lyn Wilkinson.

I'll pop up to school and have a look for Lyn but sadly we don't have many original historic photos and certainly from that far back. I'll see what we have got but I scanned bad photocopies taken when there was a 'back to' in the early 1990s. Pity they didn't have a scanner back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment